|Tuesday, January 4th, 2011|
FIRST AND FOREMOST,|
I’d love to be an artist of some sort, but I’m just some shithead making music out of his basement. I guess they start that way, but they all made good music from day one, as far as I’m aware. I’ve never been a good musician. Nor a good songwriter. Not a problem because I have a guitar and a head cold so my voice sounds like shit. I guess that’s an admirable quality to some people. It’s just frustrating to me.
Consider this the first record I’ve ever made. I’ve made others, notably as ACAHMH back in the late 2000s. For the sake of this conversation, Void Couture never existed, because I liked some of those songs, and I will reuse them with this project, so whatever. Being the little pansy ass I am, I refused to sing seriously on any of those tracks and when I did, I was never proud of ‘em. I don’t give a fuck anymore. I’m just going to sing and enjoy hearing my own voice as I do every day when I talk to people and pretend to listen.
SO IN CONCLUSION,
Yes, this is just a single. 3 songs. Two new, one reused, but fuck you, we already discussed that Void Couture never happened, so it’s three new songs. I hope you enjoy them, but if you don’t, it’s not like you paid for this. Just delete it and pretend it was good if I ask. You don’t have to though. I’ve already decided to shit in your sock drawer while you’re away.
(comment on this)
|Friday, October 15th, 2010|
1:13 am - I might've left the iron on...
So, LiveJournal has officially become a ghost town. No one posts anymore, and I'd believe that no one reads it anymore. The influx of posts has dropped to zero on my friends list, and the most recent posts from all but two people are from 2009.|
It'd be tempting to purge the account and just get it over with, but that doesn't make much sense. As it stands, my LJ is sort of my record of High School. MySpace has some stuff, but not enough to really make one nostalgic. The bulk of my teenage years are sort of stored here. *sigh*
Anyway, since no one will be reading this, I'm just going to say that I'd love to go back to LJ being the primary "social network", but it's not going to happen, sadly. Back to the ol' Facebook grind, I do suppose.
Take it easy, everyone. Anyone.
current mood: morose
(1 comment | comment on this)
|Tuesday, March 17th, 2009|
3:42 pm - Writer's Block: A Little Green
Top o' the morning to you! Has anyone ever pinched you for not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day?
No, and I swear to God, if they did I would punch them in the throat.
YOU LIVE IN AMERICA YOU ARE NOT IRISH.
(comment on this)
|Thursday, February 12th, 2009|
12:41 am - Look at this smug motherfucker.
In case you didn't know, this is an automotive thermostat.
It sits in your engine and determines if your engine needs coolant (or radiator fluid, whatever you wanna call it).
This particular little bastard is a 195º GM thermostat, circa 1994. It comes out of a 4.3L Vortec 4300 V6 engine. The problem with this little bastard is, it's rusted.
Now, this doesn't happen.
Well, it so happens that, the original anti-freeze that was being run from the factory was Dex-Cool™, probably known to most people as the "Orange shit that shouldn't be in there in the first place, but GM seems to think it's the best goddamn thing since sliced bread, even though they're wrong"
About 5 or 6 years ago, my truck was switched over to Ethylene-Glycol anti-freeze, or "The green shit that works right and every other company on earth has used for years and continues to use". Now, Dex-Cool™ is known for screwing up cars. We switched when GM finally admitted "Okay, it kinda sucks".
Well, that was late enough in the game to have started gunking up the thermostat, causing it to rust. It didn't rust through, but it was beginning to rust.
Now, let's go back to Monday, as I'm pulling up to my house. My car started getting hot, so I shut it off and coasted into my parking spot. Tuesday comes, figured it was a bad fan belt, which it wasn't. Today, we picked up the new thermostat, and went to replace it.
That's where that smug little motherfucker comes in.
He had rusted shut.
No matter how hot that damn engine got, he wouldn't open, because rust had caused him to permanently lock up. This little bastard almost killed my truck.
The new part was $11, and it took five minutes to replace.
I, nor anyone I showed it to, has ever seen a thermostat so fucked up before.
The smug little bastard.
(8 comments | comment on this)
|Sunday, February 8th, 2009|
10:46 pm - CHRIST MY HAIR
10:09 am - I go to bed at 4 am,
And wake up at 10 thanks to my goddamn bird.|
Today is my day off from the world, and I only got six hours of sleep.
Me wants to choke a bitch.
(1 comment | comment on this)
|Sunday, February 1st, 2009|
7:52 pm - Writer's Block: Super Sunday
|Saturday, January 31st, 2009|
How to determine your "Star Wars" name:|
For your new first name:
1. Take the first 3 letters of your 1st name and add
2. the first 2 letters of your last name
For your new last name:
3. Then take the first 2 letters of your Mom's maiden name and add
4. the first 3 letters of the city you were born
How to determine your Star Wars honorific name and title:
1. take the last three letters of your last name and reverse them.
2. add the name of the first car you drove/owned
3. insert the word "of"
4. tack on the name of the last medication you took.
Dermc Hacen, Yelsten of Aleve
(comment on this)
|Thursday, January 29th, 2009|
11:48 am - I fought the law, and I won...
T-Mobile attempted to charge me $20 for an internet plan that I didn't use, and in fact, attempted to cancel.|
So I called and argued for 20 minutes about how I had cancelled that plan a month ago, and they continued to say "No you didn't."
Well I did. I had a whopping .56 megabytes used on the day BEFORE I cancelled my plan, and after that, there was no data activity. None.
I finally broke down and pulled out my big guns. "Well, then I'm just going to have to consider cancelling my plan", which they followed with "Okay, let me get you to an account specialist."
He immediately realized "Oh shit he's not kidding", and fixed my bill, removed the $20, and apologized profusely for the misunderstanding.
I hated pulling the "I'm gonna cancel" card, but in this situation, it was warranted.
(comment on this)
|Friday, January 23rd, 2009|
2:58 am - Where will the Gitmo detainees go?
We've been having this discussion online the past few days, and I got it figured out.|
They're all going to get on a bus, right?
And they're going to go to Popeye's for some chicken and weed, because you can buy weed through the drive through, okay?
And they'll get all, like, mellowed out, and Obama's gonna be like "Okay guys, you all know this terrorism shit is bad, and like, you should stop."
And they're gonna be like "Woah, the black dude is right. I'm so high right now."
And Obama's going to start talking really slow so they think they're moving really fast and they'll get freaked out and be like "Shit shit shit dude, the Obama man isn't fucking around."
And then everyone goes home and passes out on the floor.
Where home is, well, that's not Obama's business, because sometimes when you get really high, you end up somewhere and you don't know how you got there, so he's probably gonna like, send 'em to France because the French are stupid and Americans hate the French and vice versa so we'll be like "YEAH FUCK YOU FRANCE".
It's the perfect plan.
(comment on this)
|Friday, January 16th, 2009|
3:35 pm - Stolen from Angneus <3!
If you open this you take it.
Rule # 2:
You are NOT ALLOWED to explain ANYTHING unless someone messages you and asks.
Only answer True or False
Q: Been arrested? False
Q: Do you like someone? True
Q: Held a snake? True
Q: Been suspended from school? True
Q: Sang karaoke? True
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? True
Q: Laughed until you started crying? True
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? True
Q: Sang in the shower? True
Q: Sat on a roof top? True
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? False
Q: Broken a bone? False
Q: Shaved your head? True
Q: Played a prank on someone? True
Q: Shot a gun? True
Q: Donated Blood? False
Just be 100% truthful
1. You hung out with? Cookie, Corry, and Goggins
2. You texted? Angneus
3. You were in a car with? Cookie, Corry, and Goggins
4. Went to the movies with? Angneus to see Role Models
5. Person you went to shop with? Corry at the Sunoco on 10 mile. (I got honey buns)
6. You talked on the phone? Cookie
7. Made you laugh? Myself
8. You hugged? Mom
1. Sun or moon? Moon
2. Winter or Fall? Fall
3. Left or Right? Right
4. Sunny or rainy? Rainy
5. Where do you live? Center Line
6. Club or pub? Pub
7. Are there 1 or 2 people who you can always trust and rely on? Yes.
8. Do you want to get married? Eventually, yeah.
9. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Twirl
10. What time is it? 3:40pm
11. Are you afraid of commitment? Not anymore
12. What is your greatest hope/wish? Live life to the fullest
13. Do you cook? Yes
14. Current mood? Bored and Hungry
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU...
1. Kissed someone? No :(
2. Sang? Yep
3. Listened to music? Yeah
4. Danced Crazy? Yeah
5. Cried? Nope
25 FIRSTS .....
1.Who was your first prom date? Nikki, my lesbian friend
2. Who was your first roommate? Randy Shawver
3. What was your first job? Little Caesars
4. What was your first car? My '95 S-10
5. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing? My great grandma.
6. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Twardy
7. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? San Diego
8. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with/for? I went over to my friend Wayne's to play PS2
9. Who was your first Best Friend? Jack
10. Who is your best friend? Corry, Cookie, and Goggins
11. Where was your first sleepover? I don't remember
12. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Angneus or Granny
13. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or Groomsman? None
14. What's the first thing you did when you got up this morning? Rolled over and went back to sleep
15. What was the first concert you went to? Bon Jovi
16. What was the last concert you went to? A Nightmare Within
17. First kiss? This girl Renee at Harbor Oaks
21. First celebrity crush? I don't remember
22. Current Celebrity Crush? Brody Dalle
23. First crush? This girl Jessica in pre-school
24. First pet? Speedy, my Jewel Swift Lizard
25.Tattoo or piercing? My left ear
(1 comment | comment on this)
|Monday, January 12th, 2009|
11:24 am - One of these survey things...
- Available: No, I am not.
- Age: 19
- Annoyance: People that do minimum speed on the freeway, People that take more than 10 seconds to change lanes, Shitty drivers in general, Shitty grammar.
- Animal: Pandas
- Beer: Pabst Blue Ribbon
- Birthday: April 19th
- Best Friends: Corry, Cookie, Nowicki, Goggins, John, Ryan
- Body Part on opposite sex: Eyes
- Best feeling in the world: Love
- Blind or Deaf: Blind
- Best weather: Gray, but not rainy or snowy
- Been in Love: Yes, and I currently am.
- Been on stage?: Many a time.
- Believe in Magic: YES!
- Believe in Santa: Until I was 8.
- Candy: Hershey's Symphony Chocolate
- Colour: Purple
- Chocolate/Vanilla: Vanilla
- Chinese/Mexican food: Chinese
- Cake or pie: Depends on the pie/cake
- Continent to visit: Australia
- Day or Night: Night
- Dance in the rain?: Indeed
- Do the splits?: Nope
- Eggs: Scrambled
- Eyes: Blue
- Everyone has a: Motive
- Ever failed a class?: Yep
- Full name: Frederick "Derek" Wright Gerald McNelly III Esq.
- First thoughts waking up: "My balls itch"
- Food: Sounds pretty durn good.
- Greatest Fear: I dunno.
- Goals: Make money, buy Impala, buy house, buy pool table, settle down.
- Gum: Juicy Fruit
- Good luck charm: My 4 leaf clover
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Height: 6' 2"
- Happy: At the moment, I'm pretty content
- Holiday: Christmas
- How do you want to die: On the toilet
- Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip
- Instrument: Drums
- Jewelry: Earring, Iron Cross necklace
- Job: Inventory Management/Screen Repair Technician
- Kids: No.
- Kickboxing or karate: Kickboxing, the sport of the future.
- Keep a journal?: My LJ
- Longest Car Ride: Attempting to drive through Chicago with my family.
- Love: :D
- Letter: S
- Laughed so hard you cried: Last night, a kid on 4chan dropped a penny in the burner of his stove. I've never seen someone go so apeshit online before.
- Milk flavor: Regular Vitamin D milk.
- Movies: Gran Torino is my current favorite
- Motion sickness?: On occasion
- McD’s or BK: Burger King
- Number of Siblings: 1 step-brother, 1 step-sister
- Number of Piercings: One; Left ear
- Number: 87
- One wish: Hit the lottery
- Perfect Pizza: Pineapple, No sauce, butter garlic and parmesan all over
- Pepsi/Coke: Pepsi
- Quail: MAN!
- Reason to cry: In a lot of pain
- Reality T.V.: Sucks unless there are transexuals or dirtbikes
- Radio Station: 98.7 Smooth Jazz
- Roll your tongue in a circle?: Nope.
- Song: Little Red Corvette, probably.
- Shoe size: 12
- Salad Dressing: Ranch
- Sushi: No.
- Skipped school: Only in college.
- Slept outside: Many times.
- Smoked?: Hookah.
- Skinny dipped?: Nope.
- Shower daily?: Yeah.
- Sing well?: If I'm warmed up, yes.
- In the shower?: Occasionally.
- Swear?: Constantly.
- Strawberries/Blueberries: Strawberries
- Time for bed: Between 1 and 2 AM, depending on when I nap.
- Thunderstorms: Fuck yeah!
- Unpredictable: Meh, not as much anymore
- Vacation spot: Ohio
- Weakness: Mr. Pibb
- Which one of your friends acts the most like you: Probably Cookie.
- Who makes you laugh the most: Asher nearly gave me a hernia last night. For the moment, him.
- Worst feeling: Not being able to do anything at all.
- Wanted to be a model?: Underwear model, yes.
- Where do we go when we die?: Valhalla
- Worst Weather?: Cold and Windy/Hot and Humid
-X-Rays: Are fun.
-Year it is now: 2009
-Yellow: is the color my Camaro will be.
- Zoo animal: Hippo
LAST PERSON WHO…
1. Slept in a bed beside you? Angneus
2. You went to the mall with? Stella, I believe.
3. You went to dinner with? My parents.
4. You talked to on the phone? Corry.
5. Made you laugh? Asher
(comment on this)
|Friday, January 2nd, 2009|
11:25 am - New Years Survey
Who was the first person you talked to in person in 2009?|
Who was the first text message from that you recieved in 2009?
What was the first thing you thought about when it struck 12:00?
"Wow, Dick Clark actually looks like he's doing a lot better."
Kiss anyone at midnight?
No, but earlier I did to make up for it.
Nope. See previous.
Who were you with when the clock struck 12:00?
My parrot and fish.
Anything you're looking forward to in 2009?
Nothing in particular.
Anything you're not looking forward to in 2009?
Again, nothing in particular.
Do you want to meet any new people in 2009?
Don't see why not.
New years resolution?
Cut back on fast food and pop.
First movie you saw in 2009?
Any major changes going to happen in 2009?
Not that I can think of.
Last thing you ate/drank in 2008?
Hot Dogs and Milk
Last thing you thought about?
As shitty as 2008 was, it wasn't a terrible year.
Last person you talked to?
Last text message from?
The one thing you couldn't wait to leave behind?
Do you think 2009 will be a good year?
I'm hoping so.
(comment on this)
|Thursday, January 1st, 2009|
4:06 am - Stolen from Felicia
1. Where did you begin 2008?|
At Al's old apartment.
2. What was your status by Valentines Day?
3. Were you in school anytime this year?
4. Did you have to go to the hospital?
Nope. Not even the doctor's.
5. Did you have any encounters with the police?
Yes. A few.
6. Where did you go on vacation?
7. What did you purchase that was over $100?
BlackBerry, Amp, Guitar, Extended Warranty for my MacBook, N95.
8. Did you know anybody who got married?
No. But quite a few engagements.
9. Did you know anybody who passed away?
Aunt Callie. R.I.P.
10. Did you move anywhere?
Yep. From OU to home.
11. What sporting events did you attend?
Umm, none that I can remember.
12. What concerts/shows did you go to?
Streetlight Manifesto, A Nightmare Within, annnnd I think that's it.
13. Describe your birthday.
I went to Bennigans with my family and Angneus, and then went to Micro Center and the Mall.
14. What is the ONE thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2008?
Tee hee. ;)
15. What have been your favorite moments?
Getting my first $500 paycheck and subsequently blowing it was fun, being with Angneus was also a lot of fun.
16. Any new additions to your family?
A lot of fish.
17. What was your best month?
I'm not really sure.
18. Who has been your best drinking buddy?
I didn't really drink this year. Drinking is so 2007.
19. Made new friends?
Indeed I have.
20. Favourite night out?
The entire night we wasted in Royal Oak. Either that or when we went to Cloud^9.
21. Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
22. Have you lost any friends this year?
23. Change your hairstyle?
Yep. Mohawk, buzz, long, short, long, short, long, flat top.
24. Have any car accidents?
No, knock on wood.
25. How old did you turn this year?
26. Do you have a New Years resolution?
27. Do anything embarrassing?
28. Buy anything from eBay?
A few things.
29. Get married or divorced?
30. Get hit on?
31. Been snowboarding?
32. Did you get sick this year?
33. Are you happy to see 2008 go?
For many reasons no, for many more reasons, yes.
34. Been naughty or nice?
In the middle.
35. What are you looking forward to most in 2009?
(comment on this)
|Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008|
2:42 am - Stolen from Angneus.
1. Real Name: Frederick 'Derek' Wright Gerald McNelly III Esq. (Yes. Yes it is.)|
2. Like It: Indeed I do.
3. Single or Taken: Taken
4. Zodiac Sign: Aries
5. Male or Female: Male
6. Elementary: St. Clement
7. Middle: Wolfe
8. High: Center Line
9. College: Macomb
10. Hair Color: Blonde
11. Eye Color: Blue
12. Hair Length: Flat Top
13. Current Worry: Credit Card debt, getting my new phone
14. Race: White
15. Are you a health freak? I just ate three double cheeseburgers from McDicks.
16. Height: 6'2"
17. Do you like tea? Not really.
18. Do you like yourself? Generally.
19. Piercings: Left ear.
20. Tattoos: Soon enough.
21. Righty or Lefty: Righty.
22. First Surgery: Had a pebble removed from my ear canal.
23. First Piercings: About two weeks past my 18th birthday.
24. First Best Friend: Jack.
25. First Award: I don't remember.
26. First Sport: Baseball.
28. First Vacation: Somerset Beach
29. First Teacher: Mrs. Miatech. (She was a heroin addict. OD'd when I was in 2nd grade.)
30. First Crush: Don't remember.
THIS OR THAT
31. Orange or Apple Juice: Orange Juice.
32. Rock or Rap: Rock.
34. Nsync or Backstreet Boys: Fuck your faggot crap.
35. Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera: See #34
36. Night or Day: Night.
37. Sun or Moon: Moon.
38. TV or Internet: Internet.
39. PlayStation or Xbox: Xbox.
40. Kiss or Hug: Kiss.
41. Iguana or Turtle: Iguana.
42. Spider or Bee: Bee.
43. Fall or Spring: Fall.
44. Limewire or iTunes: Frostwire or Bittorrent.
46. Soccer or Baseball: Baseball.
50. Drinking: Nothing.
51. I'm about to: Pass the fuck out.
52. Thinking: Goddamn my head hurts.
53. Singing: Nothing.
54. Typing: A response.
55. Want Kids: Nope.
56. When: Never.
57. Want to get married: Eventually, yeah.
58. When: Whenever.
59. Where do you want to live: 101 miles away from here.
60. How many kids do you want: I want to raise Shih Tzus.
62. What did you want to be when you were little: A pilot or a cop.
63. What do you think you'll really be doing: Probably a cop.
65. Something you would never try: Scientology.
66. Want to learn a different language? No.
67. When do you want to die: 50 is my goal.
BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX
68. Lips or Eyes: Equal.
69. Hugging or Kissing: Kissing.
70. Shorter or Taller: Shorter, but not by much.
71. Tan Skinned or Light: Light skinned.
72. Romantic or Spontaneous: Both.
73. Dark or Light Hair: Dark.
74. Muscular or Normal: Normal.
75. Hook-up or Relationship: Relationship.
76. Similar to you or different: Similar.
HAVE YOU EVER
78. Kissed a stranger: Yeah, when I was a young boy. (lol, 2006)
79. Drank Bubbles: No.
80. Gotten a black eye: No, but I got a nasty goose egg on my forehead in 7th grade that never went away fully.
82. Broken someones heart: Yeah.
83. Turned someone down: Yeah.
84. Had your heart broken: Yeah.
85. Liked a friend as more than a friend: Yeah. Didn't go so well.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN
86. Yourself: Not particularly.
87. Miracles: On occasion. :D
88. Soul mates: Yessir.
89. Santa Claus: The spirt of Santa, yes, for sure.
90. Kiss on first date: If it goes well.
91. Angels: Not sure.
92. Are there people you want to be with right now: Yes.
93. Who: Angneus.
94. Like someone: Indeed I do. :D
95. Text Message: Angneus
96. Received Call: James O'Brien
97. Call Made: Buzz Killington (That's what Corry shows up as in my phone)
98. Facebook Message: Uncle Rick
99. Missed Call: James O'Brien
100. Last hung out with? James O'Brien
(comment on this)
|Monday, December 22nd, 2008|
4:13 pm - Hooray!
|Tuesday, December 9th, 2008|
11:12 am - The wallpapers I find...
|Friday, December 5th, 2008|
|Sunday, November 23rd, 2008|
12:38 am - Twilight - A short summary.
Number of Pages in the Book: 498|
The First Hint of a Plot that Is Not Bella and Edward's Romance: page 328
When the Plot Actually Arrives: page 372
Boys that Totally Love Bella (Including Edward Cullen): 5
Approximate Amount of Time Bella and Edward are Romantically Involved Before Bella Is Begging Edward to Turn Her into a Vampire so They Can Be Together Forever: Like, two weeks. Maybe three. The timeline's a bit fuzzy.
References to Edward's Beauty: 165
Broken Down into the following categories -
* Face: 24 (Favorite adjectives: glorious, heavenly, seraphic)
* Voice: 20 (The voice of an archangel, donchaknow.)
* Eyes: 17
* Movement: 11
* Smile: 10
* Teeth: 8
* Muscles: 7
* Skin: 7 (Note: This only contains accounts of Edward's skin being beautiful. I didn't count references to it as "pale," "cold," or "white." If I had, this number would be about ten times larger.)
* Iron Strength or Limbs: 5
* Breath: 4 (EVEN HIS BREATH IS AMAZING.)
* Scent: 4
* Laughter: 3
* Handwriting: 2
* Chest: 2
* Driving Skills: 1
* Bella Is Clumsy or Makes a Reference to Her Clumsiness: 26
* Bella Sneers at Forks or Its Inhabitants: 22
* Bella is "Dazzled" or Rendered Speechless by Edward's Beauty or Touch: 17
* Edward Tells Bella to Stay Away from Him While Completely Contradicting Himself with His Behavior: 16
* Bella is Utterly Desolate at Edward's Absence: 12
* Edward and Bella Kiss: 8
* Bella's Hormones Get the Better of Her and She Attacks Edward, Almost Causing Him to Eat Her: 2 (She's not even allowed to kiss him back! Where's the fun in that?)
* Edward's Kiss Makes Bella Faint: 1
* Edward's Kiss Makes Bella's Heart Literally Stop: 1
* Bella Thinks She Isn't Good Enough for Edward: 6
* Edward Is Referred to As Godlike: 5 (Note: This number might be off, as I didn't start counting until three or four mentions in.)
* Edward Tells Bella She's Unnatural: 5
* Edward Sparkles: 3
* Bella is in Mortal Danger: 3
* Edward Saves Bella from Mortal Danger: 3
* Edward Stalks Bella, For Real: 2 (Note: One of these instances involves watching her sleep every night for, like, months.)
* Bella says "Holy Crow!": 2
* Bella and Edward Argue About Who Loves the Other Most: 1
* Edward's Inability to Read Bella's Mind is Explained: 0
Basically, the whole damn book is about Edward being hot.
(10 comments | comment on this)
|Thursday, November 20th, 2008|
3:08 am - People I owe money to...
Allan Wood - $6.00|
Corry Tuskey - $5.00
John Shears - $34.00
Ryan Rettig - $20.00
That is the most up to date listing I have. If anyone else believes I owe them money, state how much and what for and we can discuss.
(2 comments | comment on this)